Everyone knows that “going green” is a good idea, and everyone claims to want to do it, but the truth is that a lot of people think it is difficult to use green energy or that it costs a lot. This is far from the truth. You just must use your brain differently in order to really find simple ways to be green in your home. Here are some easy ways you can be greener and feel good about it.
- Dry your clothing outdoors. This is such an easy thing to do, but people don’t think about it. All you have to do is go outside and hang your clothing on the line. This works well no matter what season it is. You do have be careful about rain and snow, but most of the time your clothes will dry perfectly left in the air.
- Stop getting junk mail. By simply signing up with the Direct Mail Association, you can cut the amount of junk mail that comes to your house. Just surf over to their website and you can cut down on the amount of paper that is circulated, which is of course good for trees.
- Shut down appliances that are not in use. You slash energy consumption this way, but what’s more, you may find you don’t need it as much as you thought. If you shut your computer down for the night, for example, you may find other things to do with your time that don’t consume energy. So not only are you living in a green fashion, you might also live in a more full way too.
- Start doing your banking online. When you have paperless billing, for example, or write emails instead of letters, you cut down on the paper that is produced for those purposes. That is of course wonderful for the timber population, but it also cuts down on the machinery and chemicals used to produce paper.
- Buy small solar panels to power small things. Solar panels seem to worry people, as they think that the panels are monstrously expensive. While it is true that the large panels cost a bit of money, there are small solar panels that cost less than one hundred dollars. These small panels can be used to power your alarm clock and other small devices. Every little bit of energy conservation helps, and the more you can run on solar energy, the lower your bills will ultimately be.
- Talk to others to find out what more you can do. Join forums about green energy and meet up with people in your local community that are committed to energy conservation. This can be a great way to socialize, but it can be a wonderful way for you to find out how to save even more money by respecting the world around you.
Now that you have some tips in mind, you’ll start to see even more ways you can help the environment and save money on energy costs. Start putting these ideas into practice and you can feel good about doing the best for you and the environment.